AVAC Ltd. was created over 18 years ago to stimulate and enhance the development capacity of agribusiness and to facilitate the commercialization of innovative products and services.
Today, we focus our investments in early-stage value-added agribusiness companies and agriculture technology.
Since its inception, AVAC Ltd. has been a direct investor in over 115 early-stage commercial businesses, over 50 agricultural research projects and programs, and an indirect investor (Limited Partner) in five venture capital funds. Today we are actively investing in companies through Verdex Capital which will focus on the huge opportunity for venture capital in ag tech investment.
Since 1997, AVAC Ltd. has invested over $118 million, with our present and past portfolio companies reporting in excess of $1 billion in sales.
Limited Partnership Investments
- Avrio I Limited Partnership
- iNovia II Limited Partnership
- iNovia III Limited Partnership
- iNovia 2015 Limited Partnership
- Yaletown Ventures II Limited Partnership
- Finistere Ventures II Limited Partnership
ICT, Life Sciences, and Industrial Technology
- Antibe Therapeutics Inc.
- Business Infusions, merged with Equine Practice Management Group to form Inova Partners
- Calgary Scientific Inc.
- eThor Inc.
- iKingdom Corp.
- IntelliView Technologies Inc.
- Mobovivo Inc.
- Tynt Multimedia Inc., acquired by 33Across Inc.
- Under the Roof Decorating Inc.
- Wedge Networks Inc.